Here is another undeclared challenge of mine, to read all novels in African Writers Series. The AWS founded in 1962 with Late Chinua Achebe as editor, are books written by African Writers published under Heinemann. Click here and here for more info.
There are around 300 published AWS so far, however, I have only read 13 of them. Below are they. The numbers in brackets are their corresponded number in the AWS, the ones without, I am not sure of.
- Things Fall Apart, 1958, Chinua Achebe (1)
- No Longer at Ease, 1960, Chinua Achebe (3)
- Arrow Of God, 1965, Chinua Achebe (16)
- The Concubine, 1966, Elechi Amadi (25)
- Houseboy, 1960, Ferdinand Oyono (29)
- A Man of the People, 1966, Chinua Achebe (31)
- The Joys of Motherhood, 1979, Buchi Emecheta (65)
- A Question of Power, 1974, Bessie Head (149)
- So Long A Letter, 1979, Mariama Bâ
- Heroes, 1986, Festus Iyayi
- Striving For The Wind, 1990, Meja Mwangi
- Kehinde, 1994, Buchi Emecheta
- Neighbours, 1995, Lília Momplé
What about you? Are you interested in reading novels in the AWS? What is your opinion about it?